Say “No” to Un-Authorized SIMs & WLL Connections!
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in Collaboration with Cellular Mobile and Wireless Local Loop Operators has introduced Biometric Verification System (BVS) to Carry Out Following Transactions after Online Verification from NADRA
- Buy/Activate a new SIM/WLL Connection
- Get a Duplicate SIM/ WLL Connection
- Change of Ownership of a SIM/ WLL Connection
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
- Reverification of SIM/ WLL Connection
To ensure your safety and avoid registration of your SIM against wrong credentials, please follow these simple steps:
- Only Visit a BVS Enabled Sale Outlet* for above Transactions
- Go through the Terms & Conditions for Purchase of SIM/WLL Connection Displayed at the Sale Channel
- Provide Valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) Number to Sale Agent
- Place Your Thumb / Finger on BVS Scanner for Verification from NADRA
- By Giving Your Thumb/Finger Impression You Agree with the Terms & Conditions for Purchase of SIM/WLL Connection
- In Case of Successful Verification, SIM/WLL Connection Shall be Activated & Handed-over to You
- In Case of Un-Successful Verification, Sale Agent Shall Inform the Reason and Provide Further Guidance
- Make Sure to Collect Your SIM/WLL Connection after Biometric Verification. In Case the Sale Agent does not Handover the SIM/WLL Connection, please lodge your complain with following Information to PTA (email@example.com)
- CNIC Number
- Date of Visit
- Company Whose Sale Channel was Visited
- Name & Address of Sale Channel
- Old Age Individuals and Persons with Amputation, whose biometric verification is not possible, can get SIMs from Customer Service Centers (CSCs) and Selected Franchisees after Verification through Administrative Means
- No Prize/Gift Scheme Requires Biometric Verification. So Please Be Extra Careful while Giving your Thumb/Finger Impression. Some Fraudsters May Use the Information to Activate SIM/WLL Connection on Your CNIC without Your Consent.
- Keep on Checking SIM Count Status against Your CNIC at Regular Intervals by:
- Visiting Website: www.cnic.sims.pk OR
- Mobile: by sending CNIC Number (without dashes) to short-code 668.
- In case of any mismatch lodge complaint to PTA at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mailing Address: Director (Consumers Complaints), PTA HQs, Sector F-5/1, Islamabad
* Authorized Sales Outlet include Customer Service Centers, Franchisees & Registered Retailers having a BVS Device.